Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Beauty of Nature

Living in the country for most of my life, I took the plunge and became a city girl ten years ago! Lucky for me, I am able to have a piece of city or country life any time we want it! Nothing feels as good as making weekend road trips with my boys back to the valley to be with family and friends......and truth be told, there is absolutely no place in this world quite like HOME!

The valley is so beautiful! Once we hit this point in our travels we know we're just about home!

So, in only a 3-hour road trip we go from this...

to this....{and it feels like a piece of heaven}!

The sweet taste of nature! Our family cabin, located at the peak of the mountains just 20 minutes from my parents home, we have the best of all worlds- city to country to mountains! The beauty of nature is what I would take at any given moment! I couldn't thank my Grandfather enough for leaving all of us something so peaceful! Even the drive up is quite the adventure!

And Gavin gets a kick out of being bounced in the backseat!

Finally making it to the tippy-top of our land! So, when our Annual cabin clean-up duties call, we all come together and make it all worth while--- Hard work, but no doubt FUN and fond memories both new and old! Nini and Ceej greeted us upon our arrival,

We were excited for this days' adventures!

The grand-boys took turns Zooter riding with PapPap!

And finally, its my turn! My dad and I jumped on the 4-wheeler and rode out to the opening of the mountains to see the gorgeous views! The view with a heart-warming story! {see below}

Part of the story is that my grandfather grew up on this very farm when he was a little boy! The land we stood on at the moment of taking this picture are the fields my grandfather and his family used to plow through their years! It was awesome hearing some of the stories my dad shared with me...a place we can always come to visualize what life was like back then {and a time not too long ago}!

It was a sweet little story before finishing our clean-up duties,

Then after returning back to the cabin, this little face made it well known it was time to fire up the grill!

The boys were such cute little buds hanging together in the woods,

like two peas in a pod!

We enjoyed a yummy cookout {Thanks Nini}!

And then watched as the boys made silly faces in the bumper of Uncle Scotties new truck, had a grand marshmallow battle with the uncles, and lots of family lovin'!

I love that my boys love these outdoor adventures as much as I do!

Thanks to Albert Acres for creating
such great memories for us and our littles to love!


No comments:

Post a Comment